How Well Promotional Products Work
Commonly known as the number-one vehicle for carrying an advertising message, promotional products actually offer more of a response mechanism than other standard media. Not all companies track their results, but some do.
Using imprinted products such as gloves, caps, keytags, etc., as a way of promoting its "Call Before You Dig" seminars on maintaining safe working practices in cable line areas, AT&T generated a 95-percent success rate in scheduling seminars, which, within a year, translated into a 100-percent decrease in underground cable cuts.
As a way of improving response to its customer-satisfaction surveys, a manufacturer/servicer of electronic document-processing solutions included a piece of foreign currency and a customised description with them. It generated a 43-percent response.
A Nabisco co-op promotion offering imprinted NFL merchandise with proofs-of-purchase garnered increased market share of 1.5 points and a $200 million increase in sales volume for the advertised brands.
The Kirby Company used promotional materials to assist its dealer system in illustrating the benefits of a new home-care system. Those who used the materials achieved a 50-percent higher closing rate than those who didn't.
For the grand opening of a new branch, a well known bank used a wide selection of promotional products as gifts to walk-ins and as incentives for opening new accounts or making deposits to existing accounts. Deposit amounts exceeded the bank's original goal by a staggering 225 percent, and new accounts beat the goal by an equally impressive 209 percent.
Utilising an incentive of two school-locker magnets, each featuring images of four top rock music artists, Warner Bros. Music, in a co-op with HMV, a chain of record stores, achieved sales of 50,000 CDs or tapes of those artists in a one-month period.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• When marketing your products you need to create a successful mix of the right product sold at the right price and right place, but most important, using the most suitable promotion and the way to do it is to budget for price promotion or free items.
• Wholesale promotional products are the cheapest option for your promotional campaign
• High quality, wooden or brushed metal corporate items also known as business items can be given to your top speakers or conference attendees for your event to be successful.
• Are your customers fans of beer or other drinks? Launching a new drink? What could be simpler that a free gift idea in a form of plain or logo imprinted coasters to be handed out during your campaign.
• No matter how cheap your giveaways are, the effect is that your company is memorised and associated easily with the promotion.
• What a great idea to use advertising giveaways and make your campaign unique and fresh.
• Buying promotional items in bulk is a cheaper option and allows you to concentrate on more expensive part of your promotion.
• Giveaways with imprinted logo are a form of visual communication with customers
• Wide range of promotional staff can be found here, anything fancy or simple with prices starting at few pence to suit your budget and desire to launch effective marketing campaign.
• Merchandise gifts, more known as corporate or business gifts help the marketing tool of the 21st century.