Although there's hard evidence relating corporate gift giving to increased business activity, it won't exactly give you the confidence to make specific return-on-investment projections in your marketing plan. Chances are you won't be expected to come up with that kind of hard data anyway.
The Promotional Products Association International conducts regular surveys of corporate gift givers and recipients. A recent one shows that vendors who gave were twice as likely to increase their chances of being contacted by customers as those that didn't have a gift program.
Harry & David, a gourmet food company that's a big player in corporate gifts, routinely sends gift packages to some 25,000 customers who spend more than £500 a year with the company. Company research, comparing a control group of 5,000 prime customers receiving gifts with a similar group that didn't, revealed that the former increased their purchases by much more than the latter.
Even if your company isn't up for that kind of research, it doesn't mean you can't have a strategy. As long as you do it right, gift giving will help to build the relationships that are the lifeblood of your business.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• New, flashy (lanyards) are a hit in promotional products industry.
• Promo giveaways or freebies are always eye-catching and create an enormous interest from the public.
• Promotional items always come with some sort of promotional print that is another way of informing, communicating or getting your message across to your clientele.
• How about personalized giveaways for your most valuable customers?
• If you are new and still growing, product giveaways are a cheap option for the marketing of new products or services you offer.
• Chrome, stainless steel, silver; all well known metal merchandise is very popular as very attractive corporate items.
• Buying promotional items in bulk is a cheaper option and allows you to concentrate on more expensive part of your promotion.
• Want to please your bosses or merging with another company-corporate gifts is a must.
• Using golf promotional merchandise is becoming a very popular way in the events industry
• Promotional merchandise is widely used in all sorts of events as marketing giveaways.