Although there's hard evidence relating corporate gift giving to increased business activity, it won't exactly give you the confidence to make specific return-on-investment projections in your marketing plan. Chances are you won't be expected to come up with that kind of hard data anyway.
The Promotional Products Association International conducts regular surveys of corporate gift givers and recipients. A recent one shows that vendors who gave were twice as likely to increase their chances of being contacted by customers as those that didn't have a gift program.
Harry & David, a gourmet food company that's a big player in corporate gifts, routinely sends gift packages to some 25,000 customers who spend more than £500 a year with the company. Company research, comparing a control group of 5,000 prime customers receiving gifts with a similar group that didn't, revealed that the former increased their purchases by much more than the latter.
Even if your company isn't up for that kind of research, it doesn't mean you can't have a strategy. As long as you do it right, gift giving will help to build the relationships that are the lifeblood of your business.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• How about business related promotional items like notepads, folders and year planners?
• As you are probably aware promotion includes all of the techniques that a company uses to communicate with other individuals and organisations and inform them of the existence of new items.
• When talking about merchandise items, we often think of promotional items that nowadays are a new promotions revolution and great tools in the events industry.
• Whether you fancy cups or mugs, using them as promotional giveaways is always a good and effective way to promote anything from medicines, sweets to cars and large, company giants.
• Want to sell your product quick- think of best buy promotion and use free giveaways.
• You give away, you do not loose. On the contrary, your brand gets a new feel, your customers are happy and most important, 'word of mouth' works in your favour.
• Promotion is the business of communicating with customers and it will provide information that will assist them in making a decision to purchase a product or service, therefore use of boards and promotional signs are very essential to get noticed and encourage your target group to take part in the promotion.
• When preparing your campaign you are most likely to prepare promotion list that will include a group of products to be given for free.
• Wholesale promotional products are the cheapest option for your promotional campaign
• Most of your customers are probably big fans of golf so it is worth getting some small golf giveaways.