Gifts V Incentives
To recognise what an effective gift strategy is, it helps to understand what it isn't. Start by making the distinction between corporate gift giving and incentive award programs. Though gifts and incentive awards often involve similar types of recipients, they are different on both strategic and practical levels. Incentives are awards for achieving defined levels of activity, such as sales quotas, safety improvements, or good attendance.
In contrast, gifts are more or less spontaneous, given not as part of any defined exchange between giver and recipient. The gift recipient doesn't consciously set goals in anticipation of a reward, whereas the incentive recipient does. It's tempting to view gift and incentive programs in the same light. After all, you want to know that you're getting your money's worth from any business investment, and most givers want to motivate the recipient in one way or another.
But be careful. Leaving customers or employees with the impression that they're being bribed can do more harm than good. Instead, look at gift giving as a subtle, long-term process of relationship-building, following the basic guidelines described in this article.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Want to please your bosses or merging with another company-corporate gifts is a must.
• In the recent years online promotions are a phenomena of online marketing but still use some types of promotional merchandise that can be sent to clients.
• You can keep your cost down and get blank promotional items, it also works wonders.
• Corporate or business gifts are a category of promotional items that companies use to inject new feel and image.
• Want to keep costs of marketing down? We have something for you in the form of promotional stickers; plain stock or printed version to be ready and on your doorstep, right on time so you can concentrate on planning your event.
• How about business related promotional items like notepads, folders and year planners?
• National promotions are usually planned around new car launches and receive a huge interest from public eye; therefore unique products are always in demand.
• Pharmaceutical companies are the largest providers of custom giveaways and are highly recognised by their brands and names.
• Chrome, stainless steel, silver; all well known metal merchandise is very popular as very attractive corporate items.
• Most of your customers are probably big fans of golf so it is worth getting some small golf giveaways.