The Etiquette of Giving
Even when not committing egregious errors that may get someone fired, be sure to use finesse if you want to get the most out of your gift program. There is an art to effective giving, so consider the following major areas before you go shopping:
Care should be taken that the gift is appropriate to the business relationship. This has less to do with the pound value of business transacted, or even the amount of time one has been doing business with the recipient, than with the closeness of the relationship.
If a client seems aloof and excessively businesslike, don't try to loosen him or her up with baubles. It can backfire. With a new relationship, don't get too personal or too lavish with the gift. Frequency of giving generally should be restricted to major holidays and special occasions. Again, be sure to avoid the impression that you're bribing the recipient.
It's great when a gift has personality, but the real issue is whether the gift reflects the personality and interests of the recipient. Is she a sports car nut? Does he have an obsessive relationship with his sailboat? What's her favourite colour?
Try to find out these kinds of things discreetly because when you do (and your gift reflects it), the impression is that you care about the person and have taken the time to understand their style and taste.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Promotional freebies are something that public loves. No matter how small just source it and spread it to your customers. The effects are guaranteed.
• Promo giveaways or freebies are always eye-catching and create an enormous interest from the public.
• Promotional items always come with some sort of promotional print that is another way of informing, communicating or getting your message across to your clientele.
• Music, movie, musical or a show or how to use instruction, no matter what it is, you can put it on a promotional CD and we can sort a print out for you.
• No matter how cheap your giveaways are, the effect is that your company is memorised and associated easily with the promotion.
• Pharmaceutical companies are the largest providers of custom giveaways and are highly recognised by their brands and names.
• Are your customers fans of beer or other drinks? Launching a new drink? What could be simpler that a free gift idea in a form of plain or logo imprinted coasters to be handed out during your campaign.
• Whether you fancy cups or mugs, using them as promotional giveaways is always a good and effective way to promote anything from medicines, sweets to cars and large, company giants.
• You have probably seen a car launch promotion or attended a national car show where pretty promotion girls are around, again it is a marketing trick to keep you amused and interested in the product and associate both with beauty and unique.
• Promotional merchandise is widely used in all sorts of events as marketing giveaways.