Gifts V Incentives
To recognise what an effective gift strategy is, it helps to understand what it isn't. Start by making the distinction between corporate gift giving and incentive award programs. Though gifts and incentive awards often involve similar types of recipients, they are different on both strategic and practical levels. Incentives are awards for achieving defined levels of activity, such as sales quotas, safety improvements, or good attendance.
In contrast, gifts are more or less spontaneous, given not as part of any defined exchange between giver and recipient. The gift recipient doesn't consciously set goals in anticipation of a reward, whereas the incentive recipient does. It's tempting to view gift and incentive programs in the same light. After all, you want to know that you're getting your money's worth from any business investment, and most givers want to motivate the recipient in one way or another.
But be careful. Leaving customers or employees with the impression that they're being bribed can do more harm than good. Instead, look at gift giving as a subtle, long-term process of relationship-building, following the basic guidelines described in this article.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Wide range of promotional staff can be found here, anything fancy or simple with prices starting at few pence to suit your budget and desire to launch effective marketing campaign.
• Merchandise gifts, more known as corporate or business gifts help the marketing tool of the 21st century.
• What a great idea to use advertising giveaways and make your campaign unique and fresh.
• Using golf promotional merchandise is becoming a very popular way in the events industry
• Promotional logo merchandise is widely used by large, chain companies as a way of expanding and improving the brand.
• How about personalized giveaways for your most valuable customers?
• Sales promotions or corporate advertising is a way to get more potential customers, boost your sales, increase the visibility and popularity of your brand using promotional merchandise.
• Sales promotion can be done using simple free giveaways or visual promotional items.
• Most of your customers are probably big fans of golf so it is worth getting some small golf giveaways.
• If you want to impress your clients then choose promotional antistress balls, as they are a great, highly desired business item.