Although there's hard evidence relating corporate gift giving to increased business activity, it won't exactly give you the confidence to make specific return-on-investment projections in your marketing plan. Chances are you won't be expected to come up with that kind of hard data anyway.
The Promotional Products Association International conducts regular surveys of corporate gift givers and recipients. A recent one shows that vendors who gave were twice as likely to increase their chances of being contacted by customers as those that didn't have a gift program.
Harry & David, a gourmet food company that's a big player in corporate gifts, routinely sends gift packages to some 25,000 customers who spend more than £500 a year with the company. Company research, comparing a control group of 5,000 prime customers receiving gifts with a similar group that didn't, revealed that the former increased their purchases by much more than the latter.
Even if your company isn't up for that kind of research, it doesn't mean you can't have a strategy. As long as you do it right, gift giving will help to build the relationships that are the lifeblood of your business.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Want to thank someone? There is not better way than source a promotional item from 'he and she', or promotional business gifts sections to choose what suits you best.
• In promotional advertising the consumer promotion needs to be brought to the public's attention with a strong message that is why it is crucial for your company to invest in imprinted promotional merchandise.
• When talking about merchandise items, we often think of promotional items that nowadays are a new promotions revolution and great tools in the events industry.
• An idea of using corporate gifts is not a new one and is now widely used in promotional campaigns and in-house product launches.
• Corporate products, business gifts or any other promotional items will help to create a new feel in your promotion
• Do you want to keep your customers happy? Free giveaway thrown in with their Sunday paper of weekly grocery shopping is a top idea.
• Whether you fancy cups or mugs, using them as promotional giveaways is always a good and effective way to promote anything from medicines, sweets to cars and large, company giants.
• No matter how cheap your giveaways are, the effect is that your company is memorised and associated easily with the promotion.
• If you want to impress your clients then choose promotional antistress balls, as they are a great, highly desired business item.
• If you are not sure, you can personalize your promotional items using a range of techniques, colours and designs to suit your marketing campaign.