What to Give
There are thousands of corporate gift possibilities-far too many to describe here-but let's look at the pros and cons of some favourites: Food items are very popular as corporate gifts. They tie in well to many holidays and can be taken home and enjoyed with friends and family. But sometimes gourmet baskets take on a generic aspect.
Many of them get no farther than the receptionist, to be picked apart by various office personnel passing through. If you want to win hearts and minds through the stomach, you must be creative and thoughtful. All very well to consider giving those tender mail-order filet mignons. Just make sure your recipient isn't a vegetarian.
Liquor and wine are old favourites, but hard liquor has lost some of its popularity. Despite the stigma associated with liquor in the business world, however, it's essential to keep things in perspective. After all, if your client's pride and joy is his wine cellar or his whiskey collection, what better gift than a fine cabernet or a single malt?
Also in the sin department: cigars. They're "in" this year, and a box of stogies can make you look impressive in the eyes of a cigar aficionado.
Office-related items, such as pen sets and desk blotters are safe bets that reflect practicality and good taste. Be careful, though: A good fountain pen is quite expensive, and a cheap one is tacky. Use caution when considering art prints and other decorative items, because taste in office decor is a personal and, for many, a strategic consideration.
Tickets to sporting events and live entertainment often make great gifts. Scarce seats for popular shows and events provide a thrill and can make you a hero in the eyes of a client. Still, you should be sure of your client's preferences. Gift certificates are unbeatable, if you want to take much of the guesswork out of giving. They're available from a wide variety of companies, they offer the recipient freedom of choice, and they can be given to all types of people.
The only problem is that the dollar amount is printed on the face, which, for some people, detracts from the feeling that this is a gift with some thought behind it. Think hard before you buy. Every gift idea has a potential down side, and just because you like something doesn't mean your recipient will.
If ethics or other issues proscribe giving a material gift, consider making a donation to the recipient's favourite cause. Word of warning: Cash is out as a corporate gift, period. It's uncreative, raises ethical questions, and looks like a bribe, no matter what.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Want to sell your product quick- think of best buy promotion and use free giveaways.
• Most of your customers are probably big fans of golf so it is worth getting some small golf giveaways.
• Promotional calendar, year planners, notebooks are the sort of items that are always highly desired as business or corporate gifts, free samples, promotional giveaways or simply as gifts.
• Not sure what to choose? Look up our promotional items catalogue and choose from range of radios, calculators and pens that are suitable items for marketing purposes and still cheap giveaways.
• Personalized corporate gifts can include a company logo, name, address or an image and can be supplied in various colours.
• Thinking of rising costs for your marketing campaign? Do not worry cheap pens, pencils, lanyards and many more promotional items are at easy reach and we can source them for you at a low cost.
• Want to thank someone? There is not better way than source a promotional item from 'he and she', or promotional business gifts sections to choose what suits you best.
• Corporate products, business gifts or any other promotional items will help to create a new feel in your promotion
• As per various customer research and supermarket statistics, coffee is still one of the best selling products; therefore many companies use coffee mugs as a promotional item.
• High quality, wooden or brushed metal corporate items also known as business items can be given to your top speakers or conference attendees for your event to be successful.