What Promotional Products Means
In its simplest form, the term promotional product is a catch-all phrase for products that are used to affect a behaviour or convey a message. But they are really a sophisticated tool. Some examples of the different ways to use promotional products are to motivate your salespeople, thank your board of trustees, introduce a new product, get your dealers to load up on more product, reduce on-the-job accidents....
Promotional products usually, but not always bear an appropriate logo, slogan or saying, known as the imprint. There are many different ways a product can be imprinted, depending on the material from which it is made.
Some common methods of imprinting include printing, screenprinting, embossing, embroidery, hot stamping, pad printing, etching, engraving, die-casting, etc. The message itself can be as simple as a company logo or as complex as a mission statement.
By their nature, promotional products are usually sold in quantity and imprinting is rarely done on a single item. And because promotional products are generally purchased in quantities, they usually cost less than the recipient thinks they do, giving them a higher perceived value. How a promotional product is packaged can enhance its perceived value even more.
Certain products have traditionally been used for promotional purposes, and are the products most typically associated with this market. Some of these products include calendars, mugs, pens, T-shirts, bumperstickers, keytags, etc. But there is really no limit to the type of product that can be used to communicate a message.
Today, there are literally hundreds of thousands of promotional products, including many high-value items like clocks, crystal, china and watches. Additionally, automotive accessories and desktop products are very popular.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Buying promotional items in bulk is a cheaper option and allows you to concentrate on more expensive part of your promotion.
• The Business Collection can easily consist of promotional pens, advertising pens, corporate pens and many more.
• New, flashy (lanyards) are a hit in promotional products industry.
• An idea of using corporate gifts is not a new one and is now widely used in promotional campaigns and in-house product launches.
• Whether you are launching a product, marketing an item or want to increase customer satisfaction, business giveaways are always a good idea.
• You can keep your cost down and get blank promotional items, it also works wonders.
• Are your customers fans of beer or other drinks? Launching a new drink? What could be simpler that a free gift idea in a form of plain or logo imprinted coasters to be handed out during your campaign.
• Promotional freebies are something that public loves. No matter how small just source it and spread it to your customers. The effects are guaranteed.
• Corporate or business gifts are a category of promotional items that companies use to inject new feel and image.
• Promotional logo merchandise is widely used by large, chain companies as a way of expanding and improving the brand.