What Promotional Products Means
In its simplest form, the term promotional product is a catch-all phrase for products that are used to affect a behaviour or convey a message. But they are really a sophisticated tool. Some examples of the different ways to use promotional products are to motivate your salespeople, thank your board of trustees, introduce a new product, get your dealers to load up on more product, reduce on-the-job accidents....
Promotional products usually, but not always bear an appropriate logo, slogan or saying, known as the imprint. There are many different ways a product can be imprinted, depending on the material from which it is made.
Some common methods of imprinting include printing, screenprinting, embossing, embroidery, hot stamping, pad printing, etching, engraving, die-casting, etc. The message itself can be as simple as a company logo or as complex as a mission statement.
By their nature, promotional products are usually sold in quantity and imprinting is rarely done on a single item. And because promotional products are generally purchased in quantities, they usually cost less than the recipient thinks they do, giving them a higher perceived value. How a promotional product is packaged can enhance its perceived value even more.
Certain products have traditionally been used for promotional purposes, and are the products most typically associated with this market. Some of these products include calendars, mugs, pens, T-shirts, bumperstickers, keytags, etc. But there is really no limit to the type of product that can be used to communicate a message.
Today, there are literally hundreds of thousands of promotional products, including many high-value items like clocks, crystal, china and watches. Additionally, automotive accessories and desktop products are very popular.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• As you are probably aware promotion includes all of the techniques that a company uses to communicate with other individuals and organisations and inform them of the existence of new items.
• Sales promotions or corporate advertising is a way to get more potential customers, boost your sales, increase the visibility and popularity of your brand using promotional merchandise.
• Promotional calendar, year planners, notebooks are the sort of items that are always highly desired as business or corporate gifts, free samples, promotional giveaways or simply as gifts.
• Promotion is the business of communicating with customers and it will provide information that will assist them in making a decision to purchase a product or service, therefore use of boards and promotional signs are very essential to get noticed and encourage your target group to take part in the promotion.
• You give away, you do not loose. On the contrary, your brand gets a new feel, your customers are happy and most important, 'word of mouth' works in your favour.
• Promo giveaways or freebies are always eye-catching and create an enormous interest from the public.
• Buying promotional items in bulk is a cheaper option and allows you to concentrate on more expensive part of your promotion.
• On many occasions when you purchase promotional items in bulk you also receive some kind of gift giveaways.
• If you want to impress your clients then choose promotional antistress balls, as they are a great, highly desired business item.
• You have probably seen a car launch promotion or attended a national car show where pretty promotion girls are around, again it is a marketing trick to keep you amused and interested in the product and associate both with beauty and unique.