The Ethics of Giving
Before giving any gift, you should know if either the giving or receiving company has policies regarding gifts. The most extreme are the no-gift policies that became popular in the late 1980s, partly as a result of scandals involving gifts and partly as a reaction to the perceived excesses of that decade.
More common are restrictions placed on the value of a gift or on situations in which gifts may be given. Ask the potential recipient if his or her company publishes an ethics handbook or has any policy on receiving gifts. If so, then follow it to the letter.
A few words of advice:
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Not sure what to choose? Look up our promotional items catalogue and choose from range of radios, calculators and pens that are suitable items for marketing purposes and still cheap giveaways.
• On many occasions when you purchase promotional items in bulk you also receive some kind of gift giveaways.
• Want to please your bosses or merging with another company-corporate gifts is a must.
• As you are probably aware promotion includes all of the techniques that a company uses to communicate with other individuals and organisations and inform them of the existence of new items.
• An idea of using corporate gifts is not a new one and is now widely used in promotional campaigns and in-house product launches.
• Want to sell your product quick- think of best buy promotion and use free giveaways.
• Corporate promotional items are new range of top quality items often purchased by banks, insurance companies and large hotel chains
• Whether it is mouse pads you are using as free giveaways or any other promotional items you can be sure you can achieve desired effect for your event.
• Using golf promotional merchandise is becoming a very popular way in the events industry
• National promotions are usually planned around new car launches and receive a huge interest from public eye; therefore unique products are always in demand.