What Promotional Products Means
In its simplest form, the term promotional product is a catch-all phrase for products that are used to affect a behaviour or convey a message. But they are really a sophisticated tool. Some examples of the different ways to use promotional products are to motivate your salespeople, thank your board of trustees, introduce a new product, get your dealers to load up on more product, reduce on-the-job accidents....
Promotional products usually, but not always bear an appropriate logo, slogan or saying, known as the imprint. There are many different ways a product can be imprinted, depending on the material from which it is made.
Some common methods of imprinting include printing, screenprinting, embossing, embroidery, hot stamping, pad printing, etching, engraving, die-casting, etc. The message itself can be as simple as a company logo or as complex as a mission statement.
By their nature, promotional products are usually sold in quantity and imprinting is rarely done on a single item. And because promotional products are generally purchased in quantities, they usually cost less than the recipient thinks they do, giving them a higher perceived value. How a promotional product is packaged can enhance its perceived value even more.
Certain products have traditionally been used for promotional purposes, and are the products most typically associated with this market. Some of these products include calendars, mugs, pens, T-shirts, bumperstickers, keytags, etc. But there is really no limit to the type of product that can be used to communicate a message.
Today, there are literally hundreds of thousands of promotional products, including many high-value items like clocks, crystal, china and watches. Additionally, automotive accessories and desktop products are very popular.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Music, movie, musical or a show or how to use instruction, no matter what it is, you can put it on a promotional CD and we can sort a print out for you.
• If you are not sure, you can personalize your promotional items using a range of techniques, colours and designs to suit your marketing campaign.
• Do you want to keep your customers happy? Free giveaway thrown in with their Sunday paper of weekly grocery shopping is a top idea.
• National promotions are usually planned around new car launches and receive a huge interest from public eye; therefore unique products are always in demand.
• New, flashy (lanyards) are a hit in promotional products industry.
• If you want to impress your clients then choose promotional antistress balls, as they are a great, highly desired business item.
• Sales promotions or corporate advertising is a way to get more potential customers, boost your sales, increase the visibility and popularity of your brand using promotional merchandise.
• What a great idea to use advertising giveaways and make your campaign unique and fresh.
• As you are probably aware promotion includes all of the techniques that a company uses to communicate with other individuals and organisations and inform them of the existence of new items.
• In promotional advertising the consumer promotion needs to be brought to the public's attention with a strong message that is why it is crucial for your company to invest in imprinted promotional merchandise.