What to Give
There are thousands of corporate gift possibilities-far too many to describe here-but let's look at the pros and cons of some favourites: Food items are very popular as corporate gifts. They tie in well to many holidays and can be taken home and enjoyed with friends and family. But sometimes gourmet baskets take on a generic aspect.
Many of them get no farther than the receptionist, to be picked apart by various office personnel passing through. If you want to win hearts and minds through the stomach, you must be creative and thoughtful. All very well to consider giving those tender mail-order filet mignons. Just make sure your recipient isn't a vegetarian.
Liquor and wine are old favourites, but hard liquor has lost some of its popularity. Despite the stigma associated with liquor in the business world, however, it's essential to keep things in perspective. After all, if your client's pride and joy is his wine cellar or his whiskey collection, what better gift than a fine cabernet or a single malt?
Also in the sin department: cigars. They're "in" this year, and a box of stogies can make you look impressive in the eyes of a cigar aficionado.
Office-related items, such as pen sets and desk blotters are safe bets that reflect practicality and good taste. Be careful, though: A good fountain pen is quite expensive, and a cheap one is tacky. Use caution when considering art prints and other decorative items, because taste in office decor is a personal and, for many, a strategic consideration.
Tickets to sporting events and live entertainment often make great gifts. Scarce seats for popular shows and events provide a thrill and can make you a hero in the eyes of a client. Still, you should be sure of your client's preferences. Gift certificates are unbeatable, if you want to take much of the guesswork out of giving. They're available from a wide variety of companies, they offer the recipient freedom of choice, and they can be given to all types of people.
The only problem is that the dollar amount is printed on the face, which, for some people, detracts from the feeling that this is a gift with some thought behind it. Think hard before you buy. Every gift idea has a potential down side, and just because you like something doesn't mean your recipient will.
If ethics or other issues proscribe giving a material gift, consider making a donation to the recipient's favourite cause. Word of warning: Cash is out as a corporate gift, period. It's uncreative, raises ethical questions, and looks like a bribe, no matter what.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Promotional freebies are something that public loves. No matter how small just source it and spread it to your customers. The effects are guaranteed.
• Pharmaceutical companies are the largest providers of custom giveaways and are highly recognised by their brands and names.
• If you are new and still growing, product giveaways are a cheap option for the marketing of new products or services you offer.
• Promotion is the business of communicating with customers and it will provide information that will assist them in making a decision to purchase a product or service, therefore use of boards and promotional signs are very essential to get noticed and encourage your target group to take part in the promotion.
• Free promotional items also known as advertising giveaways are a way to market your company in a unique way even on a limited budget.
• If you want to impress your clients then choose promotional antistress balls, as they are a great, highly desired business item.
• Using golf promotional merchandise is becoming a very popular way in the events industry
• You have probably seen a car launch promotion or attended a national car show where pretty promotion girls are around, again it is a marketing trick to keep you amused and interested in the product and associate both with beauty and unique.
• We are a supplier of all things branded and unbranded with access to over 1600 promotional products we feel we can match anyoneâ€™s need.
• What a great idea to use advertising giveaways and make your campaign unique and fresh.