The Ethics of Giving
Before giving any gift, you should know if either the giving or receiving company has policies regarding gifts. The most extreme are the no-gift policies that became popular in the late 1980s, partly as a result of scandals involving gifts and partly as a reaction to the perceived excesses of that decade.
More common are restrictions placed on the value of a gift or on situations in which gifts may be given. Ask the potential recipient if his or her company publishes an ethics handbook or has any policy on receiving gifts. If so, then follow it to the letter.
A few words of advice:
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• On many occasions when you purchase promotional items in bulk you also receive some kind of gift giveaways.
• Promotional merchandise is widely used in all sorts of events as marketing giveaways.
• Free promotional items also known as advertising giveaways are a way to market your company in a unique way even on a limited budget.
• Promotional balls are very popular inflatable usually sold with logos and images and used during promotional activities.
• Pharmaceutical companies are the largest providers of custom giveaways and are highly recognised by their brands and names.
• If you are new and still growing, product giveaways are a cheap option for the marketing of new products or services you offer.
• Promotional merchandise is widely used in all company promotions, whether small or big.
• High quality, wooden or brushed metal corporate items also known as business items can be given to your top speakers or conference attendees for your event to be successful.
• You have probably seen a car launch promotion or attended a national car show where pretty promotion girls are around, again it is a marketing trick to keep you amused and interested in the product and associate both with beauty and unique.
• Want to sell your product quick- think of best buy promotion and use free giveaways.