The Etiquette of Giving
Even when not committing egregious errors that may get someone fired, be sure to use finesse if you want to get the most out of your gift program. There is an art to effective giving, so consider the following major areas before you go shopping:
Care should be taken that the gift is appropriate to the business relationship. This has less to do with the pound value of business transacted, or even the amount of time one has been doing business with the recipient, than with the closeness of the relationship.
If a client seems aloof and excessively businesslike, don't try to loosen him or her up with baubles. It can backfire. With a new relationship, don't get too personal or too lavish with the gift. Frequency of giving generally should be restricted to major holidays and special occasions. Again, be sure to avoid the impression that you're bribing the recipient.
It's great when a gift has personality, but the real issue is whether the gift reflects the personality and interests of the recipient. Is she a sports car nut? Does he have an obsessive relationship with his sailboat? What's her favourite colour?
Try to find out these kinds of things discreetly because when you do (and your gift reflects it), the impression is that you care about the person and have taken the time to understand their style and taste.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• How about personalized giveaways for your most valuable customers?
• If you are not sure, you can personalize your promotional items using a range of techniques, colours and designs to suit your marketing campaign.
• Most of your customers are probably big fans of golf so it is worth getting some small golf giveaways.
• As per various customer research and supermarket statistics, coffee is still one of the best selling products; therefore many companies use coffee mugs as a promotional item.
• You give away, you do not loose. On the contrary, your brand gets a new feel, your customers are happy and most important, 'word of mouth' works in your favour.
• An idea of using corporate gifts is not a new one and is now widely used in promotional campaigns and in-house product launches.
• Wide range of promotional staff can be found here, anything fancy or simple with prices starting at few pence to suit your budget and desire to launch effective marketing campaign.
• Are your customers fans of beer or other drinks? Launching a new drink? What could be simpler that a free gift idea in a form of plain or logo imprinted coasters to be handed out during your campaign.
• When marketing your products you need to create a successful mix of the right product sold at the right price and right place, but most important, using the most suitable promotion and the way to do it is to budget for price promotion or free items.
• Want to sell your product quick- think of best buy promotion and use free giveaways.