Although there's hard evidence relating corporate gift giving to increased business activity, it won't exactly give you the confidence to make specific return-on-investment projections in your marketing plan. Chances are you won't be expected to come up with that kind of hard data anyway.
The Promotional Products Association International conducts regular surveys of corporate gift givers and recipients. A recent one shows that vendors who gave were twice as likely to increase their chances of being contacted by customers as those that didn't have a gift program.
Harry & David, a gourmet food company that's a big player in corporate gifts, routinely sends gift packages to some 25,000 customers who spend more than £500 a year with the company. Company research, comparing a control group of 5,000 prime customers receiving gifts with a similar group that didn't, revealed that the former increased their purchases by much more than the latter.
Even if your company isn't up for that kind of research, it doesn't mean you can't have a strategy. As long as you do it right, gift giving will help to build the relationships that are the lifeblood of your business.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Giveaways with imprinted logo are a form of visual communication with customers
• How about business related promotional items like notepads, folders and year planners?
• National promotions are usually planned around new car launches and receive a huge interest from public eye; therefore unique products are always in demand.
• What a great idea to use advertising giveaways and make your campaign unique and fresh.
• You have probably seen a car launch promotion or attended a national car show where pretty promotion girls are around, again it is a marketing trick to keep you amused and interested in the product and associate both with beauty and unique.
• Branded promotional products are the best marketing tools and you often achieve desired effects when using branded items.
• When marketing your products you need to create a successful mix of the right product sold at the right price and right place, but most important, using the most suitable promotion and the way to do it is to budget for price promotion or free items.
• Want to thank someone? There is not better way than source a promotional item from 'he and she', or promotional business gifts sections to choose what suits you best.
• Corporate promotional items are new range of top quality items often purchased by banks, insurance companies and large hotel chains
• Do you want to keep your customers happy? Free giveaway thrown in with their Sunday paper of weekly grocery shopping is a top idea.