Different Terms You'll Hear For Promotional Products
The four major groups of promotional products include:
Advertising Specialities are useful or interesting articles of merchandise, usually carrying an imprinted advertising or promotional message, given with no obligation. Ad specialities are also referred to as promotional products, give-aways and adcentives.
They're usually distributed in large quantities for an advertising-type purpose such as creating awareness/remembrance of a company, encouraging goodwill between a company and its clients or calling attention to a special benefit of a company or its products; usually without obligation.
Virtually every type of business use advertising specialities from time to time. Specialities are also used a great deal by non-profit organisations like schools, churches, clubs and amateur sports leagues. Your promotional marketing company can provide creative guidance for choosing just the right item for your organisation.
Business Gifts are a product given by a business to its customers, employees, friends or other influentials for goodwill and without obligation.
The imprint on such products is frequently the giver's company name or logo and sometimes they are personalised with the recipient's name as well. However, the imprint on a business gift is usually smaller and placed in an inconspicuous spot, known as a subtle imprint.
Sometimes there is no imprint at all on the product itself, but it is part of the accompanying card or tag. Some common reasons for gift-giving include thanking customers for their patronage, developing business contacts, recognising employee performance/longevity and celebrating special occasions and holidays.
Incentives and Awards are recognition merchandise, often personalised, used to acknowledge performance and milestones and motivate people toward a specific behaviour or objective, be it more sales, fewer accidents, etc.
It is the fastest-growing segment of the promotional products industry, mostly attributable to corporate Britain's increasing focus on motivation, workplace safety and goal-setting.
The most typical products associated with this category have been plaques, service pins, trophies and award jewellery. But today, many other types of products are used as incentives and awards. Products are often selected to reinforce the theme of a special incentive program, like an automotive accessory for a driver's safety program.
More and more companies are using catalogue programs in which points are earned and redeemed for merchandise chosen out of a catalogue.
Premiums are often the same product as an ad speciality, but unlike an ad speciality, the recipient must do something to receive that product. Also, a premium is not always imprinted. When you buy a box of cereal with a toy inside, you have received a premium.
The same is true of the T-shirt you receive by mailing in a proof-of-purchase coupon to a manufacturer or the sleeve of golf balls you received for recommending someone who joined your golf club.
In both cases, an action was required before you obtained your gift. There are several different kinds of premiums, each with different requirements regarding how the premium is received. Some common types include sweepstakes; self- or semi-liquidators; on-pack, in-pack or near-pack; dealer loaders; trading stamps; contests and mail-ins.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Thinking of rising costs for your marketing campaign? Do not worry cheap pens, pencils, lanyards and many more promotional items are at easy reach and we can source them for you at a low cost.
• Free promotional items also known as advertising giveaways are a way to market your company in a unique way even on a limited budget.
• In promotional advertising the consumer promotion needs to be brought to the public's attention with a strong message that is why it is crucial for your company to invest in imprinted promotional merchandise.
• Sales promotion can be done using simple free giveaways or visual promotional items.
• Want to keep costs of marketing down? We have something for you in the form of promotional stickers; plain stock or printed version to be ready and on your doorstep, right on time so you can concentrate on planning your event.
• Whether it is mouse pads you are using as free giveaways or any other promotional items you can be sure you can achieve desired effect for your event.
• Whether you fancy cups or mugs, using them as promotional giveaways is always a good and effective way to promote anything from medicines, sweets to cars and large, company giants.
• Want to please your bosses or merging with another company-corporate gifts is a must.
• How about personalized giveaways for your most valuable customers?
• In the recent years online promotions are a phenomena of online marketing but still use some types of promotional merchandise that can be sent to clients.