Promotional products can be used as advertising materials, used as displays or as parts of displays in retail stores to draw attention to your product.
Using promotional products with sales letters can decrease the cost of securing a sales appointment by 65 percent, according to a 1992 study by the Silver Marketing Group for the Promotional Products Association International. The same study found that the inclusion of a promotional product with a sales letter yielded nearly twice the response of a letter with only a business reply card, and offering an "expensive" clock increased the percent response four times.
From building goodwill in the community to calming the waters after a crisis, companies, municipalities and organisations have used promotional products to inform, educate, thank, remind and apologise.
People are usually proud of their affiliations and enjoy wearing, carrying and displaying products bearing their club or organisation's logo, colours, slogan, etc.
From the "fur is not a fabric" movement to promoting breast cancer awareness, cause-oriented groups, organisations and charities use promotional products to promote their messages, and many companies will support those causes or market their own products and services through them.
In an ever-cluttered marketplace with too many consumer choices, brand marketers are relying more and more on promotional products to garner brand loyalty.
From libraries to charitable organisations, fund raising is often a huge undertaking that can last anywhere from a few months to an entire year or be ongoing, encompassing multiple requests for donations. Promotional products are sometimes used in those requests or used as incentives/rewards for donations, often on a scale.
You might be commemorating your company's 100th anniversary by giving employees a gold-toned hammer-shaped keytag, representative of your company's number one product, or you might give community volunteers brass railroad spikes to thank them for their backbreaking work on refurbishing the town's railroad station. Souvenirs and remembrances are used to mark myriad occasions.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Want to keep costs of marketing down? We have something for you in the form of promotional stickers; plain stock or printed version to be ready and on your doorstep, right on time so you can concentrate on planning your event.
• Do you want to keep your customers happy? Free giveaway thrown in with their Sunday paper of weekly grocery shopping is a top idea.
• A standard, model promotion in the huge and still growing events and conferences industry will always incorporate some kind of promotional merchandise of giveaways.
• Corporate promotional items are new range of top quality items often purchased by banks, insurance companies and large hotel chains
• Want to please your bosses or merging with another company-corporate gifts is a must.
• In the recent years online promotions are a phenomena of online marketing but still use some types of promotional merchandise that can be sent to clients.
• If you are not sure, you can personalize your promotional items using a range of techniques, colours and designs to suit your marketing campaign.
• Promotional logo merchandise is widely used by large, chain companies as a way of expanding and improving the brand.
• Giveaways with imprinted logo are a form of visual communication with customers
• How about business related promotional items like notepads, folders and year planners?