Gifts V Incentives
To recognise what an effective gift strategy is, it helps to understand what it isn't. Start by making the distinction between corporate gift giving and incentive award programs. Though gifts and incentive awards often involve similar types of recipients, they are different on both strategic and practical levels. Incentives are awards for achieving defined levels of activity, such as sales quotas, safety improvements, or good attendance.
In contrast, gifts are more or less spontaneous, given not as part of any defined exchange between giver and recipient. The gift recipient doesn't consciously set goals in anticipation of a reward, whereas the incentive recipient does. It's tempting to view gift and incentive programs in the same light. After all, you want to know that you're getting your money's worth from any business investment, and most givers want to motivate the recipient in one way or another.
But be careful. Leaving customers or employees with the impression that they're being bribed can do more harm than good. Instead, look at gift giving as a subtle, long-term process of relationship-building, following the basic guidelines described in this article.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Promo giveaways or freebies are always eye-catching and create an enormous interest from the public.
• Most of your customers are probably big fans of golf so it is worth getting some small golf giveaways.
• Merchandise gifts, more known as corporate or business gifts help the marketing tool of the 21st century.
• Wide range of promotional staff can be found here, anything fancy or simple with prices starting at few pence to suit your budget and desire to launch effective marketing campaign.
• National promotions are usually planned around new car launches and receive a huge interest from public eye; therefore unique products are always in demand.
• In the recent years online promotions are a phenomena of online marketing but still use some types of promotional merchandise that can be sent to clients.
• How about personalized giveaways for your most valuable customers?
• Do you want to keep your customers happy? Free giveaway thrown in with their Sunday paper of weekly grocery shopping is a top idea.
• Promotional merchandise is widely used in all sorts of events as marketing giveaways.
• Promotional calendar, year planners, notebooks are the sort of items that are always highly desired as business or corporate gifts, free samples, promotional giveaways or simply as gifts.