Although there's hard evidence relating corporate gift giving to increased business activity, it won't exactly give you the confidence to make specific return-on-investment projections in your marketing plan. Chances are you won't be expected to come up with that kind of hard data anyway.
The Promotional Products Association International conducts regular surveys of corporate gift givers and recipients. A recent one shows that vendors who gave were twice as likely to increase their chances of being contacted by customers as those that didn't have a gift program.
Harry & David, a gourmet food company that's a big player in corporate gifts, routinely sends gift packages to some 25,000 customers who spend more than £500 a year with the company. Company research, comparing a control group of 5,000 prime customers receiving gifts with a similar group that didn't, revealed that the former increased their purchases by much more than the latter.
Even if your company isn't up for that kind of research, it doesn't mean you can't have a strategy. As long as you do it right, gift giving will help to build the relationships that are the lifeblood of your business.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Are your customers fans of beer or other drinks? Launching a new drink? What could be simpler that a free gift idea in a form of plain or logo imprinted coasters to be handed out during your campaign.
• On many occasions when you purchase promotional items in bulk you also receive some kind of gift giveaways.
• Many ideas? Many concepts? Not sure what to choose? Promotional concepts in form of some giveaways of free samples may be the right choice as advised my marketing experts.
• How about personalized giveaways for your most valuable customers?
• In your campaign, the target group needs to be made aware of the existence and availability of the product through promotional marketing and some freebies should be made available.
• Chrome, stainless steel, silver; all well known metal merchandise is very popular as very attractive corporate items.
• National promotions are usually planned around new car launches and receive a huge interest from public eye; therefore unique products are always in demand.
• When marketing your products you need to create a successful mix of the right product sold at the right price and right place, but most important, using the most suitable promotion and the way to do it is to budget for price promotion or free items.
• Most of your customers are probably big fans of golf so it is worth getting some small golf giveaways.
• Buying promotional items in bulk is a cheaper option and allows you to concentrate on more expensive part of your promotion.