How Well Promotional Products Work
Commonly known as the number-one vehicle for carrying an advertising message, promotional products actually offer more of a response mechanism than other standard media. Not all companies track their results, but some do.
Using imprinted products such as gloves, caps, keytags, etc., as a way of promoting its "Call Before You Dig" seminars on maintaining safe working practices in cable line areas, AT&T generated a 95-percent success rate in scheduling seminars, which, within a year, translated into a 100-percent decrease in underground cable cuts.
As a way of improving response to its customer-satisfaction surveys, a manufacturer/servicer of electronic document-processing solutions included a piece of foreign currency and a customised description with them. It generated a 43-percent response.
A Nabisco co-op promotion offering imprinted NFL merchandise with proofs-of-purchase garnered increased market share of 1.5 points and a $200 million increase in sales volume for the advertised brands.
The Kirby Company used promotional materials to assist its dealer system in illustrating the benefits of a new home-care system. Those who used the materials achieved a 50-percent higher closing rate than those who didn't.
For the grand opening of a new branch, a well known bank used a wide selection of promotional products as gifts to walk-ins and as incentives for opening new accounts or making deposits to existing accounts. Deposit amounts exceeded the bank's original goal by a staggering 225 percent, and new accounts beat the goal by an equally impressive 209 percent.
Utilising an incentive of two school-locker magnets, each featuring images of four top rock music artists, Warner Bros. Music, in a co-op with HMV, a chain of record stores, achieved sales of 50,000 CDs or tapes of those artists in a one-month period.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Want to keep costs of marketing down? We have something for you in the form of promotional stickers; plain stock or printed version to be ready and on your doorstep, right on time so you can concentrate on planning your event.
• When marketing your products you need to create a successful mix of the right product sold at the right price and right place, but most important, using the most suitable promotion and the way to do it is to budget for price promotion or free items.
• When talking about merchandise items, we often think of promotional items that nowadays are a new promotions revolution and great tools in the events industry.
• Promotion is the business of communicating with customers and it will provide information that will assist them in making a decision to purchase a product or service, therefore use of boards and promotional signs are very essential to get noticed and encourage your target group to take part in the promotion.
• If you are not sure, you can personalize your promotional items using a range of techniques, colours and designs to suit your marketing campaign.
• You give away, you do not loose. On the contrary, your brand gets a new feel, your customers are happy and most important, 'word of mouth' works in your favour.
• Promotional merchandise is widely used in all company promotions, whether small or big.
• Promotional balls are very popular inflatable usually sold with logos and images and used during promotional activities.
• Buying promotional items in bulk is a cheaper option and allows you to concentrate on more expensive part of your promotion.
• Wholesale promotional products are the cheapest option for your promotional campaign