The Ethics of Giving
Before giving any gift, you should know if either the giving or receiving company has policies regarding gifts. The most extreme are the no-gift policies that became popular in the late 1980s, partly as a result of scandals involving gifts and partly as a reaction to the perceived excesses of that decade.
More common are restrictions placed on the value of a gift or on situations in which gifts may be given. Ask the potential recipient if his or her company publishes an ethics handbook or has any policy on receiving gifts. If so, then follow it to the letter.
A few words of advice:
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• In your campaign, the target group needs to be made aware of the existence and availability of the product through promotional marketing and some freebies should be made available.
• New, flashy (lanyards) are a hit in promotional products industry.
• Whether you are launching a product, marketing an item or want to increase customer satisfaction, business giveaways are always a good idea.
• A standard, model promotion in the huge and still growing events and conferences industry will always incorporate some kind of promotional merchandise of giveaways.
• In the recent years online promotions are a phenomena of online marketing but still use some types of promotional merchandise that can be sent to clients.
• Corporate or business gifts are a category of promotional items that companies use to inject new feel and image.
• The Business Collection can easily consist of promotional pens, advertising pens, corporate pens and many more.
• Pharmaceutical companies are the largest providers of custom giveaways and are highly recognised by their brands and names.
• National promotions are usually planned around new car launches and receive a huge interest from public eye; therefore unique products are always in demand.
• How about business related promotional items like notepads, folders and year planners?