The Ethics of Giving
Before giving any gift, you should know if either the giving or receiving company has policies regarding gifts. The most extreme are the no-gift policies that became popular in the late 1980s, partly as a result of scandals involving gifts and partly as a reaction to the perceived excesses of that decade.
More common are restrictions placed on the value of a gift or on situations in which gifts may be given. Ask the potential recipient if his or her company publishes an ethics handbook or has any policy on receiving gifts. If so, then follow it to the letter.
A few words of advice:
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Corporate promotional items are new range of top quality items often purchased by banks, insurance companies and large hotel chains
• High quality, wooden or brushed metal corporate items also known as business items can be given to your top speakers or conference attendees for your event to be successful.
• Promotional calendar, year planners, notebooks are the sort of items that are always highly desired as business or corporate gifts, free samples, promotional giveaways or simply as gifts.
• We are a supplier of all things branded and unbranded with access to over 1600 promotional products we feel we can match anyoneâ€™s need.
• Chrome, stainless steel, silver; all well known metal merchandise is very popular as very attractive corporate items.
• When marketing your products you need to create a successful mix of the right product sold at the right price and right place, but most important, using the most suitable promotion and the way to do it is to budget for price promotion or free items.
• No matter how cheap your giveaways are, the effect is that your company is memorised and associated easily with the promotion.
• Use of promotional products in corporate marketing will help retain and grow your business.
• New, flashy (lanyards) are a hit in promotional products industry.
• If you are new and still growing, product giveaways are a cheap option for the marketing of new products or services you offer.