How Well Promotional Products Work
Commonly known as the number-one vehicle for carrying an advertising message, promotional products actually offer more of a response mechanism than other standard media. Not all companies track their results, but some do.
Using imprinted products such as gloves, caps, keytags, etc., as a way of promoting its "Call Before You Dig" seminars on maintaining safe working practices in cable line areas, AT&T generated a 95-percent success rate in scheduling seminars, which, within a year, translated into a 100-percent decrease in underground cable cuts.
As a way of improving response to its customer-satisfaction surveys, a manufacturer/servicer of electronic document-processing solutions included a piece of foreign currency and a customised description with them. It generated a 43-percent response.
A Nabisco co-op promotion offering imprinted NFL merchandise with proofs-of-purchase garnered increased market share of 1.5 points and a $200 million increase in sales volume for the advertised brands.
The Kirby Company used promotional materials to assist its dealer system in illustrating the benefits of a new home-care system. Those who used the materials achieved a 50-percent higher closing rate than those who didn't.
For the grand opening of a new branch, a well known bank used a wide selection of promotional products as gifts to walk-ins and as incentives for opening new accounts or making deposits to existing accounts. Deposit amounts exceeded the bank's original goal by a staggering 225 percent, and new accounts beat the goal by an equally impressive 209 percent.
Utilising an incentive of two school-locker magnets, each featuring images of four top rock music artists, Warner Bros. Music, in a co-op with HMV, a chain of record stores, achieved sales of 50,000 CDs or tapes of those artists in a one-month period.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• An idea of using corporate gifts is not a new one and is now widely used in promotional campaigns and in-house product launches.
• Want to sell your product quick- think of best buy promotion and use free giveaways.
• Most of your customers are probably big fans of golf so it is worth getting some small golf giveaways.
• A standard, model promotion in the huge and still growing events and conferences industry will always incorporate some kind of promotional merchandise of giveaways.
• As per various customer research and supermarket statistics, coffee is still one of the best selling products; therefore many companies use coffee mugs as a promotional item.
• If you are new and still growing, product giveaways are a cheap option for the marketing of new products or services you offer.
• Personalized corporate gifts can include a company logo, name, address or an image and can be supplied in various colours.
• Wholesale promotional products are the cheapest option for your promotional campaign
• How about personalized giveaways for your most valuable customers?
• Promotional freebies are something that public loves. No matter how small just source it and spread it to your customers. The effects are guaranteed.