Gifts V Incentives
To recognise what an effective gift strategy is, it helps to understand what it isn't. Start by making the distinction between corporate gift giving and incentive award programs. Though gifts and incentive awards often involve similar types of recipients, they are different on both strategic and practical levels. Incentives are awards for achieving defined levels of activity, such as sales quotas, safety improvements, or good attendance.
In contrast, gifts are more or less spontaneous, given not as part of any defined exchange between giver and recipient. The gift recipient doesn't consciously set goals in anticipation of a reward, whereas the incentive recipient does. It's tempting to view gift and incentive programs in the same light. After all, you want to know that you're getting your money's worth from any business investment, and most givers want to motivate the recipient in one way or another.
But be careful. Leaving customers or employees with the impression that they're being bribed can do more harm than good. Instead, look at gift giving as a subtle, long-term process of relationship-building, following the basic guidelines described in this article.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• New, flashy (lanyards) are a hit in promotional products industry.
• On many occasions when you purchase promotional items in bulk you also receive some kind of gift giveaways.
• Sales promotions or corporate advertising is a way to get more potential customers, boost your sales, increase the visibility and popularity of your brand using promotional merchandise.
• Unique promotional items can be used in marketing of your company brand in order to increase the visibility of your company in the sector it operates.
• In promotional advertising the consumer promotion needs to be brought to the public's attention with a strong message that is why it is crucial for your company to invest in imprinted promotional merchandise.
• What a great idea to use advertising giveaways and make your campaign unique and fresh.
• If you are new and still growing, product giveaways are a cheap option for the marketing of new products or services you offer.
• You can keep your cost down and get blank promotional items, it also works wonders.
• Free promotional items also known as advertising giveaways are a way to market your company in a unique way even on a limited budget.
• Want to please your bosses or merging with another company-corporate gifts is a must.