The most popular times for giving, of course, are holidays, but the true champions of corporate gift-giving know that other times of the year can have a more profound personal impact on the relationship.
For instance, birthday gifts are bound to impress, since they show that you've bothered to learn a thing or two about the recipient. Important dates, such as the anniversary of a new job or the day you initiated a business relationship, may be good occasions for a gift.
You can also mark such events as a promotion, the birth of a child, or completion of an important project. Whether you stick to established holidays and impersonal occasions or get into the personal life of the recipient depends on the nature of the relationship. It may seem slightly presumptuous, or even intrusive, to choose the wrong occasion for a gift.
Special care should be taken in preparing the gift. Invest in some nice wrapping paper, and take the time to compose a personal, hand-written card. This can be as important as the gift itself, since your message to the recipient conveys your intentions and sincerity. Then there's the issue of whether to mail or present in person.
Mailing can reduce any feelings of obligation on the part of the recipient, and it can provide some unexpected pleasure in a routine work day. If the relationship warrants it, mailing to the person's home may add a personal touch, particularly when the gift commemorates a personal occasion like a birthday.
To logo or not to logo, that is a key question. For many businesses, customised gifts keep the company name in the minds of recipients. When the item is a practical one that is likely to be used every day, such as a calendar, coffee mug or tote bag, this amounts to free daily advertising. But there is a tackiness quotient to consider.
They may make great trade show premiums or leave-behinds, but customised items should never be considered for personal, deeply heartfelt gifts. In general, avoid obvious self-promotion when giving expensive gifts or any time you want to leave the impression that the gift is coming personally from you.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Promotional calendar, year planners, notebooks are the sort of items that are always highly desired as business or corporate gifts, free samples, promotional giveaways or simply as gifts.
• Wide range of promotional staff can be found here, anything fancy or simple with prices starting at few pence to suit your budget and desire to launch effective marketing campaign.
• A standard, model promotion in the huge and still growing events and conferences industry will always incorporate some kind of promotional merchandise of giveaways.
• Music, movie, musical or a show or how to use instruction, no matter what it is, you can put it on a promotional CD and we can sort a print out for you.
• Unique promotional items can be used in marketing of your company brand in order to increase the visibility of your company in the sector it operates.
• Corporate promotional items are new range of top quality items often purchased by banks, insurance companies and large hotel chains
• Want to please your bosses or merging with another company-corporate gifts is a must.
• Personalized corporate gifts can include a company logo, name, address or an image and can be supplied in various colours.
• Using golf promotional merchandise is becoming a very popular way in the events industry
• The Business Collection can easily consist of promotional pens, advertising pens, corporate pens and many more.