What Promotional Products Means
In its simplest form, the term promotional product is a catch-all phrase for products that are used to affect a behaviour or convey a message. But they are really a sophisticated tool. Some examples of the different ways to use promotional products are to motivate your salespeople, thank your board of trustees, introduce a new product, get your dealers to load up on more product, reduce on-the-job accidents....
Promotional products usually, but not always bear an appropriate logo, slogan or saying, known as the imprint. There are many different ways a product can be imprinted, depending on the material from which it is made.
Some common methods of imprinting include printing, screenprinting, embossing, embroidery, hot stamping, pad printing, etching, engraving, die-casting, etc. The message itself can be as simple as a company logo or as complex as a mission statement.
By their nature, promotional products are usually sold in quantity and imprinting is rarely done on a single item. And because promotional products are generally purchased in quantities, they usually cost less than the recipient thinks they do, giving them a higher perceived value. How a promotional product is packaged can enhance its perceived value even more.
Certain products have traditionally been used for promotional purposes, and are the products most typically associated with this market. Some of these products include calendars, mugs, pens, T-shirts, bumperstickers, keytags, etc. But there is really no limit to the type of product that can be used to communicate a message.
Today, there are literally hundreds of thousands of promotional products, including many high-value items like clocks, crystal, china and watches. Additionally, automotive accessories and desktop products are very popular.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Whether you are launching a product, marketing an item or want to increase customer satisfaction, business giveaways are always a good idea.
• Buying promotional items in bulk is a cheaper option and allows you to concentrate on more expensive part of your promotion.
• Branded promotional products are the best marketing tools and you often achieve desired effects when using branded items.
• How about business related promotional items like notepads, folders and year planners?
• As per various customer research and supermarket statistics, coffee is still one of the best selling products; therefore many companies use coffee mugs as a promotional item.
• Corporate or business gifts are a category of promotional items that companies use to inject new feel and image.
• No matter how cheap your giveaways are, the effect is that your company is memorised and associated easily with the promotion.
• In the recent years online promotions are a phenomena of online marketing but still use some types of promotional merchandise that can be sent to clients.
• Corporate promotional items are new range of top quality items often purchased by banks, insurance companies and large hotel chains
• Not sure what to choose? Look up our promotional items catalogue and choose from range of radios, calculators and pens that are suitable items for marketing purposes and still cheap giveaways.