Promotional products can be used as advertising materials, used as displays or as parts of displays in retail stores to draw attention to your product.
Using promotional products with sales letters can decrease the cost of securing a sales appointment by 65 percent, according to a 1992 study by the Silver Marketing Group for the Promotional Products Association International. The same study found that the inclusion of a promotional product with a sales letter yielded nearly twice the response of a letter with only a business reply card, and offering an "expensive" clock increased the percent response four times.
From building goodwill in the community to calming the waters after a crisis, companies, municipalities and organisations have used promotional products to inform, educate, thank, remind and apologise.
People are usually proud of their affiliations and enjoy wearing, carrying and displaying products bearing their club or organisation's logo, colours, slogan, etc.
From the "fur is not a fabric" movement to promoting breast cancer awareness, cause-oriented groups, organisations and charities use promotional products to promote their messages, and many companies will support those causes or market their own products and services through them.
In an ever-cluttered marketplace with too many consumer choices, brand marketers are relying more and more on promotional products to garner brand loyalty.
From libraries to charitable organisations, fund raising is often a huge undertaking that can last anywhere from a few months to an entire year or be ongoing, encompassing multiple requests for donations. Promotional products are sometimes used in those requests or used as incentives/rewards for donations, often on a scale.
You might be commemorating your company's 100th anniversary by giving employees a gold-toned hammer-shaped keytag, representative of your company's number one product, or you might give community volunteers brass railroad spikes to thank them for their backbreaking work on refurbishing the town's railroad station. Souvenirs and remembrances are used to mark myriad occasions.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Chrome, stainless steel, silver; all well known metal merchandise is very popular as very attractive corporate items.
• A standard, model promotion in the huge and still growing events and conferences industry will always incorporate some kind of promotional merchandise of giveaways.
• You can keep your cost down and get blank promotional items, it also works wonders.
• Want to sell your product quick- think of best buy promotion and use free giveaways.
• Branded promotional products are the best marketing tools and you often achieve desired effects when using branded items.
• No matter how cheap your giveaways are, the effect is that your company is memorised and associated easily with the promotion.
• Promotional balls are very popular inflatable usually sold with logos and images and used during promotional activities.
• What a great idea to use advertising giveaways and make your campaign unique and fresh.
• Most of your customers are probably big fans of golf so it is worth getting some small golf giveaways.
• You give away, you do not loose. On the contrary, your brand gets a new feel, your customers are happy and most important, 'word of mouth' works in your favour.