What Promotional Products Means
In its simplest form, the term promotional product is a catch-all phrase for products that are used to affect a behaviour or convey a message. But they are really a sophisticated tool. Some examples of the different ways to use promotional products are to motivate your salespeople, thank your board of trustees, introduce a new product, get your dealers to load up on more product, reduce on-the-job accidents....
Promotional products usually, but not always bear an appropriate logo, slogan or saying, known as the imprint. There are many different ways a product can be imprinted, depending on the material from which it is made.
Some common methods of imprinting include printing, screenprinting, embossing, embroidery, hot stamping, pad printing, etching, engraving, die-casting, etc. The message itself can be as simple as a company logo or as complex as a mission statement.
By their nature, promotional products are usually sold in quantity and imprinting is rarely done on a single item. And because promotional products are generally purchased in quantities, they usually cost less than the recipient thinks they do, giving them a higher perceived value. How a promotional product is packaged can enhance its perceived value even more.
Certain products have traditionally been used for promotional purposes, and are the products most typically associated with this market. Some of these products include calendars, mugs, pens, T-shirts, bumperstickers, keytags, etc. But there is really no limit to the type of product that can be used to communicate a message.
Today, there are literally hundreds of thousands of promotional products, including many high-value items like clocks, crystal, china and watches. Additionally, automotive accessories and desktop products are very popular.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Promotional calendar, year planners, notebooks are the sort of items that are always highly desired as business or corporate gifts, free samples, promotional giveaways or simply as gifts.
• Sales promotion can be done using simple free giveaways or visual promotional items.
• Promotional merchandise is widely used in all company promotions, whether small or big.
• Do you want to keep your customers happy? Free giveaway thrown in with their Sunday paper of weekly grocery shopping is a top idea.
• You have probably seen a car launch promotion or attended a national car show where pretty promotion girls are around, again it is a marketing trick to keep you amused and interested in the product and associate both with beauty and unique.
• Corporate or business gifts are a category of promotional items that companies use to inject new feel and image.
• When marketing your products you need to create a successful mix of the right product sold at the right price and right place, but most important, using the most suitable promotion and the way to do it is to budget for price promotion or free items.
• How about personalized giveaways for your most valuable customers?
• A standard, model promotion in the huge and still growing events and conferences industry will always incorporate some kind of promotional merchandise of giveaways.
• Promo giveaways or freebies are always eye-catching and create an enormous interest from the public.