The Etiquette of Giving
Even when not committing egregious errors that may get someone fired, be sure to use finesse if you want to get the most out of your gift program. There is an art to effective giving, so consider the following major areas before you go shopping:
Care should be taken that the gift is appropriate to the business relationship. This has less to do with the pound value of business transacted, or even the amount of time one has been doing business with the recipient, than with the closeness of the relationship.
If a client seems aloof and excessively businesslike, don't try to loosen him or her up with baubles. It can backfire. With a new relationship, don't get too personal or too lavish with the gift. Frequency of giving generally should be restricted to major holidays and special occasions. Again, be sure to avoid the impression that you're bribing the recipient.
It's great when a gift has personality, but the real issue is whether the gift reflects the personality and interests of the recipient. Is she a sports car nut? Does he have an obsessive relationship with his sailboat? What's her favourite colour?
Try to find out these kinds of things discreetly because when you do (and your gift reflects it), the impression is that you care about the person and have taken the time to understand their style and taste.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• You can keep your cost down and get blank promotional items, it also works wonders.
• Unique promotional items can be used in marketing of your company brand in order to increase the visibility of your company in the sector it operates.
• Promotional logo merchandise is widely used by large, chain companies as a way of expanding and improving the brand.
• Wide range of promotional staff can be found here, anything fancy or simple with prices starting at few pence to suit your budget and desire to launch effective marketing campaign.
• New, flashy (lanyards) are a hit in promotional products industry.
• Buying promotional items in bulk is a cheaper option and allows you to concentrate on more expensive part of your promotion.
• You have probably seen a car launch promotion or attended a national car show where pretty promotion girls are around, again it is a marketing trick to keep you amused and interested in the product and associate both with beauty and unique.
• Want to thank someone? There is not better way than source a promotional item from 'he and she', or promotional business gifts sections to choose what suits you best.
• Promotion informs customers about the product and tries to encourage them to buy and some methods of promotional marketing include advertising, public relations, price reductions, free gifts, coupons, loyalty rewards and point-of-sale material, freebies and imprinted promotional merchandise.
• Promotional items always come with some sort of promotional print that is another way of informing, communicating or getting your message across to your clientele.