How Well Promotional Products Work
Commonly known as the number-one vehicle for carrying an advertising message, promotional products actually offer more of a response mechanism than other standard media. Not all companies track their results, but some do.
Using imprinted products such as gloves, caps, keytags, etc., as a way of promoting its "Call Before You Dig" seminars on maintaining safe working practices in cable line areas, AT&T generated a 95-percent success rate in scheduling seminars, which, within a year, translated into a 100-percent decrease in underground cable cuts.
As a way of improving response to its customer-satisfaction surveys, a manufacturer/servicer of electronic document-processing solutions included a piece of foreign currency and a customised description with them. It generated a 43-percent response.
A Nabisco co-op promotion offering imprinted NFL merchandise with proofs-of-purchase garnered increased market share of 1.5 points and a $200 million increase in sales volume for the advertised brands.
The Kirby Company used promotional materials to assist its dealer system in illustrating the benefits of a new home-care system. Those who used the materials achieved a 50-percent higher closing rate than those who didn't.
For the grand opening of a new branch, a well known bank used a wide selection of promotional products as gifts to walk-ins and as incentives for opening new accounts or making deposits to existing accounts. Deposit amounts exceeded the bank's original goal by a staggering 225 percent, and new accounts beat the goal by an equally impressive 209 percent.
Utilising an incentive of two school-locker magnets, each featuring images of four top rock music artists, Warner Bros. Music, in a co-op with HMV, a chain of record stores, achieved sales of 50,000 CDs or tapes of those artists in a one-month period.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Do you want to keep your customers happy? Free giveaway thrown in with their Sunday paper of weekly grocery shopping is a top idea.
• You give away, you do not loose. On the contrary, your brand gets a new feel, your customers are happy and most important, 'word of mouth' works in your favour.
• When talking about merchandise items, we often think of promotional items that nowadays are a new promotions revolution and great tools in the events industry.
• Free promotional items also known as advertising giveaways are a way to market your company in a unique way even on a limited budget.
• No matter how cheap your giveaways are, the effect is that your company is memorised and associated easily with the promotion.
• Promotional calendar, year planners, notebooks are the sort of items that are always highly desired as business or corporate gifts, free samples, promotional giveaways or simply as gifts.
• Want to sell your product quick- think of best buy promotion and use free giveaways.
• Most of your customers are probably big fans of golf so it is worth getting some small golf giveaways.
• Want to please your bosses or merging with another company-corporate gifts is a must.
• Sales promotion can be done using simple free giveaways or visual promotional items.