Gifts V Incentives
To recognise what an effective gift strategy is, it helps to understand what it isn't. Start by making the distinction between corporate gift giving and incentive award programs. Though gifts and incentive awards often involve similar types of recipients, they are different on both strategic and practical levels. Incentives are awards for achieving defined levels of activity, such as sales quotas, safety improvements, or good attendance.
In contrast, gifts are more or less spontaneous, given not as part of any defined exchange between giver and recipient. The gift recipient doesn't consciously set goals in anticipation of a reward, whereas the incentive recipient does. It's tempting to view gift and incentive programs in the same light. After all, you want to know that you're getting your money's worth from any business investment, and most givers want to motivate the recipient in one way or another.
But be careful. Leaving customers or employees with the impression that they're being bribed can do more harm than good. Instead, look at gift giving as a subtle, long-term process of relationship-building, following the basic guidelines described in this article.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• No matter how cheap your giveaways are, the effect is that your company is memorised and associated easily with the promotion.
• Pharmaceutical companies are the largest providers of custom giveaways and are highly recognised by their brands and names.
• Wholesale promotional products are the cheapest option for your promotional campaign
• When talking about merchandise items, we often think of promotional items that nowadays are a new promotions revolution and great tools in the events industry.
• When preparing your campaign you are most likely to prepare promotion list that will include a group of products to be given for free.
• Branded promotional products are the best marketing tools and you often achieve desired effects when using branded items.
• Sales promotions or corporate advertising is a way to get more potential customers, boost your sales, increase the visibility and popularity of your brand using promotional merchandise.
• How about business related promotional items like notepads, folders and year planners?
• Promotional merchandise is widely used in all company promotions, whether small or big.
• New, flashy (lanyards) are a hit in promotional products industry.