The most popular times for giving, of course, are holidays, but the true champions of corporate gift-giving know that other times of the year can have a more profound personal impact on the relationship.
For instance, birthday gifts are bound to impress, since they show that you've bothered to learn a thing or two about the recipient. Important dates, such as the anniversary of a new job or the day you initiated a business relationship, may be good occasions for a gift.
You can also mark such events as a promotion, the birth of a child, or completion of an important project. Whether you stick to established holidays and impersonal occasions or get into the personal life of the recipient depends on the nature of the relationship. It may seem slightly presumptuous, or even intrusive, to choose the wrong occasion for a gift.
Special care should be taken in preparing the gift. Invest in some nice wrapping paper, and take the time to compose a personal, hand-written card. This can be as important as the gift itself, since your message to the recipient conveys your intentions and sincerity. Then there's the issue of whether to mail or present in person.
Mailing can reduce any feelings of obligation on the part of the recipient, and it can provide some unexpected pleasure in a routine work day. If the relationship warrants it, mailing to the person's home may add a personal touch, particularly when the gift commemorates a personal occasion like a birthday.
To logo or not to logo, that is a key question. For many businesses, customised gifts keep the company name in the minds of recipients. When the item is a practical one that is likely to be used every day, such as a calendar, coffee mug or tote bag, this amounts to free daily advertising. But there is a tackiness quotient to consider.
They may make great trade show premiums or leave-behinds, but customised items should never be considered for personal, deeply heartfelt gifts. In general, avoid obvious self-promotion when giving expensive gifts or any time you want to leave the impression that the gift is coming personally from you.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• You have probably seen a car launch promotion or attended a national car show where pretty promotion girls are around, again it is a marketing trick to keep you amused and interested in the product and associate both with beauty and unique.
• Want to please your bosses or merging with another company-corporate gifts is a must.
• Yes, it is very popular to engage the public in some kind of promotional activities using products that you sourced for the occasion. It works both ways as the customer associate the whole situation with your company and the product and can take it away and use it at their leisure.
• Merchandise gifts, more known as corporate or business gifts help the marketing tool of the 21st century.
• Not sure what to choose? Look up our promotional items catalogue and choose from range of radios, calculators and pens that are suitable items for marketing purposes and still cheap giveaways.
• Promotional logo merchandise is widely used by large, chain companies as a way of expanding and improving the brand.
• New, flashy (lanyards) are a hit in promotional products industry.
• Unique promotional items can be used in marketing of your company brand in order to increase the visibility of your company in the sector it operates.
• Corporate products, business gifts or any other promotional items will help to create a new feel in your promotion
• How about personalized giveaways for your most valuable customers?