The Ethics of Giving
Before giving any gift, you should know if either the giving or receiving company has policies regarding gifts. The most extreme are the no-gift policies that became popular in the late 1980s, partly as a result of scandals involving gifts and partly as a reaction to the perceived excesses of that decade.
More common are restrictions placed on the value of a gift or on situations in which gifts may be given. Ask the potential recipient if his or her company publishes an ethics handbook or has any policy on receiving gifts. If so, then follow it to the letter.
A few words of advice:
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Corporate promotional items are new range of top quality items often purchased by banks, insurance companies and large hotel chains
• Merchandise gifts, more known as corporate or business gifts help the marketing tool of the 21st century.
• Promotional merchandise is widely used in all sorts of events as marketing giveaways.
• Corporate or business gifts are a category of promotional items that companies use to inject new feel and image.
• Whether you fancy cups or mugs, using them as promotional giveaways is always a good and effective way to promote anything from medicines, sweets to cars and large, company giants.
• As per various customer research and supermarket statistics, coffee is still one of the best selling products; therefore many companies use coffee mugs as a promotional item.
• Most of your customers are probably big fans of golf so it is worth getting some small golf giveaways.
• National promotions are usually planned around new car launches and receive a huge interest from public eye; therefore unique products are always in demand.
• Promotional balls are very popular inflatable usually sold with logos and images and used during promotional activities.
• Promotional logo merchandise is widely used by large, chain companies as a way of expanding and improving the brand.