Gifts V Incentives
To recognise what an effective gift strategy is, it helps to understand what it isn't. Start by making the distinction between corporate gift giving and incentive award programs. Though gifts and incentive awards often involve similar types of recipients, they are different on both strategic and practical levels. Incentives are awards for achieving defined levels of activity, such as sales quotas, safety improvements, or good attendance.
In contrast, gifts are more or less spontaneous, given not as part of any defined exchange between giver and recipient. The gift recipient doesn't consciously set goals in anticipation of a reward, whereas the incentive recipient does. It's tempting to view gift and incentive programs in the same light. After all, you want to know that you're getting your money's worth from any business investment, and most givers want to motivate the recipient in one way or another.
But be careful. Leaving customers or employees with the impression that they're being bribed can do more harm than good. Instead, look at gift giving as a subtle, long-term process of relationship-building, following the basic guidelines described in this article.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Wide range of promotional staff can be found here, anything fancy or simple with prices starting at few pence to suit your budget and desire to launch effective marketing campaign.
• Promotional balls are very popular inflatable usually sold with logos and images and used during promotional activities.
• You give away, you do not loose. On the contrary, your brand gets a new feel, your customers are happy and most important, 'word of mouth' works in your favour.
• Most of your customers are probably big fans of golf so it is worth getting some small golf giveaways.
• Promotional items always come with some sort of promotional print that is another way of informing, communicating or getting your message across to your clientele.
• Branded promotional products are the best marketing tools and you often achieve desired effects when using branded items.
• High quality, wooden or brushed metal corporate items also known as business items can be given to your top speakers or conference attendees for your event to be successful.
• New, flashy (lanyards) are a hit in promotional products industry.
• Use of promotional products in corporate marketing will help retain and grow your business.
• National promotions are usually planned around new car launches and receive a huge interest from public eye; therefore unique products are always in demand.