The Etiquette of Giving
Even when not committing egregious errors that may get someone fired, be sure to use finesse if you want to get the most out of your gift program. There is an art to effective giving, so consider the following major areas before you go shopping:
Care should be taken that the gift is appropriate to the business relationship. This has less to do with the pound value of business transacted, or even the amount of time one has been doing business with the recipient, than with the closeness of the relationship.
If a client seems aloof and excessively businesslike, don't try to loosen him or her up with baubles. It can backfire. With a new relationship, don't get too personal or too lavish with the gift. Frequency of giving generally should be restricted to major holidays and special occasions. Again, be sure to avoid the impression that you're bribing the recipient.
It's great when a gift has personality, but the real issue is whether the gift reflects the personality and interests of the recipient. Is she a sports car nut? Does he have an obsessive relationship with his sailboat? What's her favourite colour?
Try to find out these kinds of things discreetly because when you do (and your gift reflects it), the impression is that you care about the person and have taken the time to understand their style and taste.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Yes, it is very popular to engage the public in some kind of promotional activities using products that you sourced for the occasion. It works both ways as the customer associate the whole situation with your company and the product and can take it away and use it at their leisure.
• Sales promotion can be done using simple free giveaways or visual promotional items.
• An idea of using corporate gifts is not a new one and is now widely used in promotional campaigns and in-house product launches.
• Promotional freebies are something that public loves. No matter how small just source it and spread it to your customers. The effects are guaranteed.
• Corporate promotional items are new range of top quality items often purchased by banks, insurance companies and large hotel chains
• Are your customers fans of beer or other drinks? Launching a new drink? What could be simpler that a free gift idea in a form of plain or logo imprinted coasters to be handed out during your campaign.
• If you are new and still growing, product giveaways are a cheap option for the marketing of new products or services you offer.
• You give away, you do not loose. On the contrary, your brand gets a new feel, your customers are happy and most important, 'word of mouth' works in your favour.
• You have probably seen a car launch promotion or attended a national car show where pretty promotion girls are around, again it is a marketing trick to keep you amused and interested in the product and associate both with beauty and unique.
• Wide range of promotional staff can be found here, anything fancy or simple with prices starting at few pence to suit your budget and desire to launch effective marketing campaign.